(From Cooking Light)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups unsalted chicken or vegetable stock (such as Swanson)
- 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste), well stirred
- 8 teaspoons Tahini Sauce
- 6 tablespoons unsalted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high.
- Add onion; sauté 5 minutes.
- Stir in salt, paprika, turmeric, and garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Add carrots; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until carrots are very tender.
- Combine carrot mixture and 3 tablespoons tahini in a blender. Remove center piece from blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure lid on blender. Place a clean kitchen towel over opening in lid (to avoid splatters). Process until smooth.
- Divide soup evenly among 4 bowls. Drizzle 2 teaspoons Tahini Sauce over each serving.
- Top each serving with 1 1/2 tablespoons pistachios and 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves.